Monday, March 26, 2012

Comic Review: Thought Bubble #1

This is actually an odd find. I was quite happy to have found this. I saw this on the shelf, just kind of sitting there not doing anything. The earthy colors on the cover and newspaper paper quality kept it hidden and inconspicuous, unlike most other books. Upon picking it up I felt that it was folded and I read the cover.
"Thought Bubble, The Leeds Comics Art Festival's First Ever Anthology."
I knew I had to pick it up.
And I did.

To start off, This is not like a Dark Horse Presents Anthology where you have chapters from ongoing stories, rather you have several different little stories, with some as short as half a page and some as long as 3 pages.

Each story is written by a different author and illustrated by a different artist. Some of the names to pop out are Becky Cloonan (Who did the cover art), Andy Diggle, Charlie Adlard, and Robin Furth.
The stories are great, but there is a variety to them with no specific theme. Some of them are serious, most are comedic and some are just observational. There's even two amateur comics in the back, both are winners of an Under 18 contest.

I highly recommend picking up this anthology for the variety and just a great showcase of talent.

Thought Bubble is published by Image Comics and cost 2.99 in single issue format.
Pick it up or order it from your local comic book store, tell them Aldo Approves!

No comments: