Sunday, September 28, 2008

Cupid and his tricks

^This is what dating feels like to me^

I have bad luck when it comes to girls. I've only had 2 girlfriends my whole life, and about 4 dates... maybe 6. But still, I've found that if other people can blame their dating life on cupid... then why can't I?
So I decided to start re-evaluate my dating life and have realized that Cupid hates me. I feel that he really does, but you know what, Cupid is running out of tricks on how to screw me over. He has played just about every card that he can with the girls that I've liked, because of this I've learned to move on quickly.
So lets start at the beginning.

My first crush moved away, this only happened once.
Then my second crush thought of me as a brother, this happened once more.
Another girl won't date me because I'm brown, this happened a total of 2 times.
Another girl thought I was gay, I stopped it at 1.
2 Girls already had boyfriends.
One girl I like (a lot) went out with my friend and got pregnant (they're getting married in a couple of months; I'm the baby's godfather!). It didn't end up too bad since we're all still best friends, but this happened with 2 other girls. (how screwed up is my life that 3 of my crushes have ended up pregnant by my friends?)
And then when I have a moment of glory, Cupid just lets me look like an idiot... twice.

So the way I see it is that although Cupid screws with me and total rips me apart, he is running out of tricks. I can only him to repeat the whole girl moving away thing and for a girl to think that I am gay. I think at this point I can handle it, but I should give myself credit since out of 13 crushes I've had... I've paired up at least 6 of them with their current boyfriend/fiancee.

I think I am blessed with a matchmaker ability at the cost of my own dating life... Kinda like Will Smith in HITCH... oh man.

Dating is harsh.

No comments: