Thursday, September 4, 2008

Toenails and Kids Meals

Ingrown toenails suck, and they can come from many different sources; It can come from wearing shoes too tight, genetics or just bad luck. Well I had ingrown nails several years ago and still continue to have them. Its partly from my genetics and wearing shoes a bit too tightly. Well, I had the ingrown nails on both of my big toes on my feet and had them removed about 3 times. Well, this time around they came back and with a vengeance. I went to Dr. Taylor, an awesome pediatrist, and told him I wanted both nails removed... only this time I wanted the whole nail gone and permanently. Well, apparently it wasn't possible this time around because of an infection form the wound. Well, he numbed my toes and took out both of the nails in their entirety (even getting his assistants to take picture while I recorded it on my phone). When he was done (which only took five minutes, max) he told me to return in about 3 months in order to get the permanent procedure.
For those of you who don't really know, I've had the nails for about 6 months growing progressively more and more painful. In the last two months the nails starting growing almost hook like and started to cause bleeding and infection in the toes. Well, I was also so busy I couldn't afford being out of comission for 2-4 days. So I decided to get this done before winter set in and I couldn't use sandals anymore.
Well, after the whole event, I was going home ready to take some pain killers for when the anasthesia wore off and decided to stop by McDonalds to buy a Mighty Kid's Meal in order to get a Star Wars bobble head... I got Boba Fett... My day was complete. I will post videos or video links at a later time for your viewing pleasure.






No comments: