Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another Story Excerpt

[This is a speech by the main character. At this point in the story he has swayed to evil due to how the common folk treat him. He is making a speech about what he will do and is asked one simple question by his higher up; "and what will you do to them?"]
{Another note is that this speech is highly influence by Frank Miller's The Watchmen. You will know what I mean.}

They deserve nothing of the sort. To "do" something to them is to grace them with my presence, the same presence that they have rejected. They don't realize that they need help, they don't realize what is right in front of them. Had it been a light, and not I, then they would have gone blind. I will protect them no longer, nor will I hurt them. They deserve nothing more than insects do. As I do nothing, the Army of the Black Monarch will continue to break through, and they will succeed. The generals and soldiers will steal, rape and pillage. They will ravage everything for what its worth. They will set fire to the homes and forests that lie within range. As if that wasn't enough, they will proceed to destroy all the sky scrapers and all the monuments. Then the people will realize how much they truly "love" and "miss" me. It is then that their filthy faces will turn to the sky to find none other than me, standing high above them. I will be an emblem of hope. The triumphant hero returns just in time to save them all from the horrible fate that waits for them. I will spread my wings and in that their eyes will swell with hope. the children will cheer, the mothers will cry, the fathers will be humbled and the soldiers will fight ever so valiantly. They will all turn to me and say "Oh, save us, please save us," and other meaningless crap like, "You're the only one who can do something stop this horrible event." I will then look down and I will say... "no". I will simply walk away and remind them of the wrongs they committed.

No comments: