Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Awkward: The History

Basically, Awkward is a small play that I wrote based on when i first asked out Annalyn. the names are closely tied, you can tell. The original script is shorter with less characters, in fact the first draft is closer to what actually happened. The second draft (which is the currently posted one) is actually very heavily edited. it adds in more conversations with characters and gives more personality to Anna, CW1 and CW2, and Neil. all these characters are based on people that i actually talked to that night, with the exception of Neil (who is based on Nolan). Neil was added and heavily edited in order to give him a sense of power, and to kind of give Al an antagonist, although in reality that is not his enemy. in the story Al's enemy is the same as mine... his natural shyness that prevents stuff from going as he sees it in his mind. Now the Idea for the Thoughts is that during the whole night that I actually asked her out, my mind was extremely loud. every thought was like thunder, yet, as loud as it was I still couldn't do what I wanted to do.

Awkward is a play that I hold close to myself because it is a reminder of a night, a night that set off a chain of events that changed my life, as a person and as a writer. Awkward is not just a small scene that has been written, it may have started that way, Awkward is only the part of the first act of a full play that I am currently writing. It is based on my recent adventures, but it is higly changed. although many of the first drafts will be close to the actual events, the Final draft will probably stray.

I will post the First draft of awkward one of these days, or if enough people ask for it, which I doubt because no one visits my blog. ha, people are missing out.

No comments: