Sunday, May 11, 2008

Prom: The Wildest Ride

Prom; the biggest gala event in a teenagers life... or it should be. not for me, at least I don't think it was. it was fun... and it ran me about 200 dollars into parental debt. Its all good, I had fun. although, the emotional, physical, and psycological ride started long before it. in order to understand everything that happened and what i went through you will have to read some "selected reads". I will post the reads as I reach them so you can follow along.

Just so you know, this will probably be the last blog I write about Annalyn. you will understand why if you read it until the end. so get ready to read what you already know, if you've been following the magical blog adventures of Aldo.

So, this whole story starts several months back, near the last and final weeks of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor DreamCoat. Basically, I see one of the dancers in there, and i get a crush. then i decide to semi introduce myself to her one night, i just say hi and tell her my name and find out hers. then I find her on myspace and we talk. so i get to know her and stuff. then i decide to finally ask her out after a week or so after talking to her. we go on a date, it goes... okay. so thats the first part.

for the full details read April 15, 2008 on my Myspace Blog
then i go into a huge emotional breakdown, which happens every once in a while, but usually nothings going in when they happen. but this was going on. great frikin' timing. so i start being all weird about my emotions and don't talk to her directly about anything. and instead i decide to write about it on my blog, not a good idea. this was posted April 17, 2008 on my Myspace Blog.

so she talks to me, and i feel like a coward and an idiot. so i decide to talk to her about it. and it goes well. we're friends now at this point, and she makes me realize some thing, which i doubt that she realizes that she did this. So this is what i realize, in a Myspace blog titles "I Just Realized: Compilation".

I then proceed to explain the higher meaning of all this in a Myspace Blog titles "I Just Realized: Meanings + Closure".

so , that same day i had spoken to mike mayhew, who is in the basic boat as me, but he taught me about how to deal with it, and its not all bad to be just a friend, or as he so brilliantly placed it, A Wall (Another Myspace Blog)

so i find out, that im in a series of one acts and that my improv troupe is coming off of hiatus.
Annalyn becomes stage manager, and this means that we kinda get to hang out. all of a sudden, everything that could go bad... goes bad. it all starts out with my friend going on life support. the full story on Hell Week(s) (a Blogger Post).

the one acts finish and Work in Progress goes through some huge changes. yay.
so prom starts coming up and i decide, theres only one person i would want to go with. my only prom, and i know exactly who im going to ask. so i decide to ask her out during one of the Work in Progress Shows. it goes through an ordeal where Zach and i wrote a song but i jsut ended up improvising it live in front of everyone. heres the song and a bit of the ordeal in a Blogger Post. Norwegian Date.

so then comes all the stress of prom. i rent my tux, which is awesome by the way, and i have to find a group. 2 groups form... and then break away. then i get invited to a group, in which they are going paint balling. Annalyn prefers not to go paint balling, so we don't go with that group. instead we go Rock Wall Climbing at Momentum (Which i cant find and become lost for almost 45 minutes.). that was fun and cool, although it made me realize how physically weak and out of shape i am. but i find out that i am a good Belayer. and I want to go there more often, so i might get myself a membership, or i just might go there more often. but i will get a job and workout more often first. so then i take her home. and i go home. change and my mom is all "what's the matter" and i tell her im an hour late for prom. oh, and by the way, this whole time i've been stressing out because it mothers day, i dont have her gift, and shes being all emotional because i dont want to spend time at home or with her. so i leave to pick her up. i pick her up. and we go to Memory grove. we find the capitol building but (I) forgot that memory grove is below it to the east. so we go, and we don't get pictures. which im totally fine with (at the moment; i think i'm regretting it now) and we go inside the "dance hall" and just mingle and talk for quite a while. 'bout an hour and a half. i kinda teach her how to dance, and that didn't go too well. so we mostly talk and don't don't dance that much. i personally wanted to dance with her, but didn't, not even the last dance. oh well. so we go home, or at least i take her home. and we talk about religion; which was a bad idea because she is set to her religion, whilst i have VERY LOOSE views on religion. and then, in my evil religious tangent, i start talking about my fetus eating angel story. so i take her home, I go watch Improv at the Empress. become angered because my sound person was moved to concessions. ugh. anyways.

so why is this the last post about her? well, it finally hit me, that as much as i want to be her boyfriend, it won't happen if she doesnt want it. and she doesn't, its so clear but i was so blind. i see that we are opposites, far too opposite, Shes the active girl, im the sit down computer guy. shes an achiever, i'm a conformist. shes set on her religion, i think church is a sham, but am a strong traditionalist. shes beautiful... and im alright. lol. but yeah, i realize that, as much as i like... its not meant to be. maybe not now, maybe never. i tried so hard, even going beyond my fear of heights, breaking through my antisocial wall, talking to her while wearing purple and sparkly tights, and just becoming a totally new man.

its not bad, in the long run i gained and awesome friend, a new workout plan and new realization on life and dating. i won't stop talking to her. it just wont be as often. and i probably wont be trying as hard as before. i have to move along and find somebody else. although i do plan on giving her a final good bye. i want her to see how special it was for me to have asked her out the very first time i asked her out. thats why i asked her to some to our Play Productions Showcase. I wrote a scene, giving an insight on what went through my mind as i asked her out. its not completely true as i had to make the whole story, but the actual conversation between Al and Anna is extremely close.

this was one harsh ride for me. It started with seeing her inside a play, everyone making it seem as if she was on a pedestal. all the way to going to prom with her, realizing so much about life and love.

It so odd, you never know what life is going to throw at you, and you can never be ready for it. we think we are, and we set out to confront life head on, by ourselves. what we dont realize is that no matter how strong we are, life cannot be achieved alone. life is harsh, full of pain and sick tricks. alone, life is our hell... but with company, it is like a rollercoaster ride. it is fun and exhilarating, but it still has the unavoidable ups and downs.

Annalyn, if you do, by any chance, read this Blog, thank you ever so much. I hope you know that I will never be the same. for better or worst, I eternally thank you. and remember, you don't have to be hitched within the next four years. Live Life... how you want to. not by how you think life is telling you.

The Love Sick Aldo is Dead... But a Newer and Wiser Aldo Rises from the Ashes.

that's right... I ended with a dramatic statement.

No comments: