Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thespian Inductions (May 19, 2008)

So Thespian Inductions was awesome. This year we went with a "Costume Party at the Oscars" sort of theme... I was death. Death is in every movie, lol. so basically after school ended... I didn't go home. I stayed at school and played errand boy most of the night. I help set up mostly everything, I blew up Oscars, picked up éclairs and ice, took Nicole to her job and got Cellophane wrapping... It was interesting. Point is that it was awesome... as far as preparing something goes. The actual Induction ceremony was interesting. When it was my turn to "light" the theater candles... I had troubles. Then when I had to present the new Senior Representative, I forgot that it was Jake Terry. It was embarrassing, but fun nonetheless. It got emotional as we presented the new Officers and especially when we had to leave the room... I even dropped a tear or two. You bond with people, and your environment... having to leave it is harsh. After that, we ate... and it was delicious. One of the things that stood out was the fact that I got the "Thespian of the Year Award" while Max Garret won the "David Burton Award" (the same award I received last year). It was a special year... this year was hard on all of us, emotionally and mentally. So many hardships, but we managed to pull through.

No comments: