Monday, May 5, 2008

Norwegian Date

So if any of you were there, i asked out Annalyn to prom during an Improv Show on a Saturday night. i did it in front of an audience as i improvised i song. i messed up the lyrics during rock opera and actually had to improvise. w00t. anyways, the original plan was for me to just perform a song with Zach on guitar. well that didn't go through as my nerves got the best of me.
Point is that the lyrics to Norwegian Date, are the lyrics i was going to sing. the musical structure is extremely similar to that of Norwegian Wood by The Beatles. the music was different (Thanks to Zach's genius skills). sadly, we never got a chance to perform it. oh well. and now you know. and knowing is half the battle.

Anyways, these are the words to "Norwegian Date", you can sing them along to Norwegian Wood. its pretty cool.

I wanted a girl, or should I say, she wanted me

That's what I had hoped, but that isn't how it was meant to be

Chorus

So I tried to meet so I could ask her out on a date

So I looked around and got a chance to talk to her late

We finally talked, and it got late, so came the stress

So I took my chance, finally asked, and then she said "yes"

Zach's Solo

Chorus

So I took her out on the date and she said that she had fun

What I'm trying to say is if you will go on another one

Don't worry right now, there's no need to answer, tell me at home

But there's nobody else that I'd rather take to prom

No comments: